We encourage all talented makers and creatives to personalise products and designs with what3words addresses and our team is delighted to see new, personalised creations every day.
When personalising products with a what3words address, please ensure that:
1. any 3 word address honours the format: ///word.word.word i.e. three typed forward slashes, all three lowercase words, each separated by a dot and no spaces
2. where placed on clothing/footwear/other apparel accessories, /// is always used with a what3words address or other element that identifies what3words (e.g. ‘what3words’ or ‘3 word address’) and is used directly next to, above, or below a 3 word address (please also ensure that the 3 word address is in the same size/proportion as the ///)
3. 3 word addresses are used in a positive context (using common sense)
4. you may use the what3words symbol (i.e. ) together with our wordmark (‘what3words’) but not a what3words address (which must always begin with the three typed forward slashes with no spaces (i.e. ///)
5. you have carefully read the what3words Brand Guidelines and what3words System Guidelines
When personalising products with a what3words address, please ensure that you do not:
1. use the three typed forward slashes (i.e. ///) on its own without a 3 word address, where placed on clothing/footwear/other apparel accessories
2. use the what3words symbol (i.e. ) next to a what3words address
3. use a 3 words address in a negative context (using common sense – e.g. no unnecessary expletives or reference to illegal behaviour) or refer to another company’s marketing in a 3 word address (again, using common sense)
You do not need to:
1. add the what3words symbol to your product (if you do not wish to), or refer to ‘TM’ or ‘©’ on your personalised product, provided that you are following the requirements above and do not misrepresent that you own or are affiliated with what3words in any way
2. send us samples or obtain our permission to personalise products, provided that you are following the requirements above
Even though you may use a what3words address on your product / merchandise, you will continue to own your product / merchandise and all profits will remain your own.
Designers (UX, UI, Service, etc)
When personalising designs and UX design systems, please ensure that:
1. you have carefully read and are following the what3words Brand Guidelines, what3words System Guidelines and/or what3words UX Guidelines (which can be found here), as they apply to you in your integration.
You do not need to:
1. add the what3words trade marked logo to your designs (if you do not wish to), or refer to ‘TM’ or ‘©’ on your designs, provided that you are following the requirements above and do not misrepresent that you own or are affiliated with what3words in any way
2. send us sample UX flows or obtain our permission to create your designs, provided that you are following the requirements above
If you have any questions or would like to send us a sample / example to check that your use falls within our guidelines, please do get in touch by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org – our team will be very happy to speak with you to ensure that you can create your create and contribute to the what3words global addressing standard.
what3words reserves its right to take any steps in relation to products or designs that do not follow our guidelines and requirements listed above. If what3words considers (in our sole discretion) that your use does not follow our guidelines or is otherwise damaging to our reputation, then we may withdraw any licence granted to you to use our marks in your products / designs.